Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Final writing project: the Small Book of Big People 2nd review

Hello to all my students,

Image "Old African Man" courtesy of africa/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Hello! I thought I should repost more of your Small Book of Big People paragraphs from the spring as more refreshers for you on writing about people. Please enjoy again! 

I respect my teacher when I was junior high. His name is Akihiko Kurushima. He is my tennis club teacher. He is very strict about manners and practice, so my club is very strict. But it was his affection for us, and we can learn about manners. When I graduated junior high, I knew about that. He has not only strict but also love, and he told us why people should keep manner. So I respect him. 

That was great! Here's another:

I esteem Haruki Murakami for his writing ability. For example, he wrote the books which composed of a unique statement and metaphor. They attract readers. When I read his books for the first time, I was also attracted to them. Norwegian Wood was especially attracted me in the book written by him. This book made me little sad and it was in a strange feeling. I want to be a novelist. I want to imitate his writing ability and I also want to be a novelist like him.

That's a really good one, too! How about this one?
My exceptional person is Ogura Shinsaku. He is a high school teacher and my wind orchestra conductor. Before he became a teacher, he was a chorus conductor. He is loved by many students because he is very interesting and fearful for everybody. He helped me when I was difficult to play the oboe. He was my emotional mainstay. So he is my exceptional person. 
What do you think? Here's another one:
I respect for the singer Yuki. She is so cute in spite of 40 years old. And her songs give me many powers. Especially, there are many songs about love in her songs. For example, “Sunset of Stardust” makes me happy. But I feel heartbreaking when I am in love with someone. “Prism” gives me many powers too. So I could have ever done my best. And the way of her life sets a good example for women. I want to be a sparkling woman like her.

Finally, here's this one: 

I respect Tadataka Ino. He is surveyor of the Edo period. He was born in 1745 and died in 1818. He made a map of Japan for the first time in the history of Japan. He completed the map of Japan over 17 years to 1800-1816. His surveying skills was high equal to modern technology. His map was recognized as an official map for the first time in Japan. He also began to survey the map in 55 years old. At that time, to go around the Japan it is difficult, but he was also to survey. He is a great person.

I hope these refresh you on writing about people. Remember that you can write about characters on movies, TV dramas, and even in songs in the same way.

Have a great holiday and a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment